 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 14
Re: povray
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 02:34:39 GMT

[X-post lugnet.cad for more exposure]

Fredrik Glöckner <fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no> writes:
...I made my own DAT explorer...
Oh, and the program runs on an old P150 with 32 MB RAM.  So treat it
nicely.  It caches old images, but has to render new ones on the fly
when you want them, that's why it's slow sometimes.  If it can't take
the heat, I'll have to unplug it.

   http://biopc45.uio.no/wt/

What do you think of the interface?

The interface looks great!  I like the many options and corner views.
The 'figs are a nice tough too.  Now you just need to add more models!
It's a pity it's slow...
Just one suggestion/idea:
How about having a number of different views to choose/start from, sort
of like pre-defined views in LDAO/LDLite?  That would make it much easier
to get the main idea of a model without endless clicking.  The arrows
could then be used for making adjustments.
--Bram