 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 11
Re: povray
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 17:51:43 GMT

Fredrik Glöckner <fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no> writes:

BTW, Kevin Loch: Have you released the source for the Dat Explorer
application?  I was thinking of employing a similar mechanism for an
upcoming model, and had the idea that borrowing some code from you might
make my work a bit easier.

I didn't get any answer from Kevin, so I made my own DAT explorer
program.  It was about time I learned to do some Perl CGI stuff anyway.
The interface is slightly different from Kevin's, but I've borrowed many
ideas.  I've credited him on the page for the ideas behind.  If you
think it is a bad thing to make something that looks so much like what
Kevin made, please tell me and I'll take it off.

Oh, and the program runs on an old P150 with 32 MB RAM.  So treat it
nicely.  It caches old images, but has to render new ones on the fly
when you want them, that's why it's slow sometimes.  If it can't take
the heat, I'll have to unplug it.

    http://biopc45.uio.no/wt/

What do you think of the interface?

Fredrik