 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1231
    Re: memory for LGEO —Coby Bassett
   (...) I used to attempt Lgeo mania on my 32Meg Win95 machine, but could only manage a few dozen pieces before grinding the system into submission. (Ummm, not that the system submitted to actually rendering the picture, rather that it finally (...) (22 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

        Re: memory for LGEO —Ahui Herrera
   (...) I would like to point out a difference in thinking here. 64MB may be fast and good enough for rendering any complex/big model ALONE. That being just the model with a simple grey floor or the building instructions. Since I usely render my (...) (22 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

        Re: memory for LGEO —Coby Bassett
   (...) I would like to see a scene that matched the complexity of the LGEO library pieces. (22 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

        Re: memory for LGEO —Ahui Herrera
   (...) (URL) is an example of a scene that used LGEo parts and has other stuff in it. You can make it more complex by adding 'better' terrain using FORESETR or TERRAGEN to it. This one took 4 minutes to render. POV has has problem when it must figure (...) (22 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)