 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1147
  Request for Comment on my L3P camera tutorial

(...) Okay, I've whipped up *something*. If you're intimately familiar with the L3P camera block, or if you're just plain curious, here's my L3P camera block tutorial ready for review: (URL) kinda beta-quality right now, so I'm soliciting criticism. (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Request for Comment on my L3P camera tutorial

(...) Wow, lots of good stuff in there! I especially liked the way you broke up the sky vector in the "How to roll the camera" section, and the way the camera_range declaration really clears up what the PCT values are doing. Perhaps we should add (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Request for Comment on my L3P camera tutorial

(...) Great! I've been experimenting with these values in POV-ray, this really helps! Critiques: orthographic, para 1, "as it is the camera type used by LDraw most if not all the other LDraw tools" is missing an "and" between LDraw & most. Maybe a (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Request for Comment on my L3P camera tutorial

In lugnet.cad.ray, Jeremy H. Sproat writes: [snipped] (...) Love it! But why not submit it to Tim Courtney of LDraw.org. He/they really want some user input/experience of LDraw related issues. Think about it! Jeroen (22 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Request for Comment on my L3P camera tutorial

(...) That's a good idea. I think I'll do that. :-, Cheers, - jsproat (22 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Request for Comment on my L3P camera tutorial

(...) I shouldn't really second-guess Lars Hassing, but judging from a recent post he might be doing just that. (URL)My only suggestion for improvement would be to move the "How can I (...) I've been thinking on that, actually. I initially put it in (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Request for Comment on my L3P camera tutorial

Gah, my previous attempt didn't get through due to slashdot... (...) Thanks! (...) Again, thanks! (...) Okay, that's like 6 for, and 0 against. It's in there. :-, Thanks, - jsproat (22 years ago, 30-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Request for Comment on my L3P camera tutorial

(...) easier to follow than redefining L3Location in terms of itself. That made my head spin until I worked it out on paper. Perhaps if l3p put a comment before these lines it might be easier to follow: // Set the camera location. #declare (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Request for Comment on my L3P camera tutorial

(...) I'm not entirely sure. It's actually a line segment with an emplied endpoint of <0,0,0>. I tried to duplicate the math that went into that vector, got stumped (I think there's at least one more assumption that POVRay makes with vaxis_rotate() (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)