 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1149
Re: Request for Comment on my L3P camera tutorial
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 03:17:31 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
In lugnet.cad, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
The l3p-generated camera block can
be intimidating.  So...I'll whip up a quickie tutorial on that.

Okay, I've whipped up *something*.

If you're intimately familiar with the L3P camera block, or if you're just
plain curious, here's my L3P camera block tutorial ready for review:

http://www.io.com/~jsproat/temp/Deciphering_L3P_Part_1.html

It's kinda beta-quality right now, so I'm soliciting criticism.  If you find
any misspellings, typos, layout or composition issues, broken math or broken
code or broken links, please let me know.  My intent is for this to be
included in the LDraw.org tutorial section, so I want it to look *good*.  :-,

I want this to have something for beginners and experts.  If I left
something out that shouldn't be immediately obvious to the typical
new-but-at-least-slightly-code-savvy user, I'm very eager to hear about it.

Also, at the end is a rough outline of what I'll tackle next, but won't be
included in Part I.  Comments and suggestions for the later stuff are
welcome as well.

Great! I've been experimenting with these values in POV-ray, this really helps!

Critiques:

orthographic, para 1, "as it is the camera type used by LDraw most if not all
the other LDraw tools" is missing an "and" between LDraw & most. Maybe a comma
after most, too, but that's arguable...

aspect ratio, para 1, I thought widescreen was 16:9? I may be wrong.

Part IV, yes, we should definitely include!

Thanks again

ROSCO