 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1027
  L3PAO Floor Problem

I'm having problems with the floor settings in L3PAO. When I use the checkbox to render with a floor the POV file renders the floor in the middle of my model and leaves a black space (no floor, no background) across the bottom of the picture. Can (...) (23 years ago, 18-Nov-01, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: L3PAO Floor Problem

L3PAO has a "y" value that allows you to adjust the level of the floor. Is it possible that the lowest part in your model is not at y=0? Not sure about the black space... could it be a shadow from your model? -Andy Lynch ----- Original Message ----- (...) (23 years ago, 19-Nov-01, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: L3PAO Floor Problem

(...) newest version, or, just for now, delete the "0" in the field labeled "Y" (I.E. leave it blank). This should tell L3PAO to automatically compute the floor level. Calvin (23 years ago, 19-Nov-01, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: L3PAO Floor Problem

Thanks...that does the trick for the floor level. I'm still having problems with the black space across the bottom of the picture though. It's almost as if POV reaches the boundary of the floor and has nothing left to render at that point. Is there (...) (23 years ago, 19-Nov-01, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: L3PAO Floor Problem

the floor should be an infinate plane, no matter how far you move the camera or model you shouldn't run out of floor. try commenting out the model with/* at the front and */ at the end. leaving the lights,camera, background, floor. render it and see (...) (23 years ago, 20-Nov-01, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: L3PAO Floor Problem

(...) I've experienced this same problem. As Gary correctly points out in another reply, the floor is infinite, but it's possible to position the camera so low relative to the floor that the floor slices through the "lens" of the camera; since (...) (23 years ago, 20-Nov-01, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: L3PAO Floor Problem

(...) "lens" (...) light (...) area. (...) haven't (...) That was indeed the case. I fiddled with the camera position and look at and finally got the look I wanted. Thanks to everyone for helping! Will Bricksburg Fire Department: www.bricksburg.org (...) (23 years ago, 20-Nov-01, to lugnet.cad.ray)