 CAD / Ray-Tracing / *977 (-20)
  Re: has anyone made an Enterprise from the origonal TREK?

I never did the original, but I did the Enterprise D once, see: (URL) found Jay working on something startrek, see (...) (23 years ago, 7-Sep-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: "Sticker" images

(...) Cool. I will have to hack. I got the rectangular version to work! Axel's post and your hints did the trick. The sticker is scaled a bit smaller than it actually will be or else the rectanglue would go off the edge, but it looks great in the (...) (23 years ago, 3-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  RE: "Sticker" images

(...) You can make the portion outside of the ellipse transparent by defining which color index should be transparent (in the POV image map declaration), or you can change the "clipped_by" to a cylinder instead of a box (might be easier/more (...) (23 years ago, 3-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: "Sticker" images

(...) Cool, thanks. One thing I just thought of though... the sticker isn't rectangular, it actually would be an ellipse... does that make a difference? (23 years ago, 3-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  RE: "Sticker" images

(...) L3P output uses the exact same scale and coordinate system as LDraw, so to place the part, figure out where the center of the sticker should go (in LEdit, MLCAD, whatever). To scale the sticker, remember that there are 20 LDU per stud, and 8 (...) (23 years ago, 3-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: "Sticker" images

In lugnet.cad.ray, Larry Pieniazek writes: <snip> FUT myself... this post (URL) to give good details on how to do it... Off to go try. I am not sure how to figure out the sizing and placement parms except by trial and error though. (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  "Sticker" images

I have a sticker image that I want to put in a rendering. It's going to span multiple bricks. It's not a sticker that LEGO ever made. I found this thread: (URL) seems to give some hints but they were a bit subtle for my tiny POVbrain. I KNOW this is (...) (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: real world terrain

Ok, the url's don't work. Here are the updated url's: (...) (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: real world terrain

I've updated the image. (URL) I find out, is very limited because it's a demo version. The save option has been disabled, and there a limit has been placed on the size of the world file. That's too bad, because it does everything I want perfectly :( (...) (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: real world terrain

I've created a terrain file that's made up of a mesh. I used a demo version of Leveller, the easiest terrain creation/importation utility I have yet found to use. It is available here: (URL) this link to see an image of the terrain I've rendered in (...) (23 years ago, 29-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Wedding Chapel

This is a small wedding chapel I designed. You can see all the pictures here: (URL) is a top-left view: (URL) design is somewhat influenced by the shape of a multi-layer wedding cake with the buttresses acting as "ribbons" running down the sides. (...) (23 years ago, 23-Aug-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.cad.ray) !

  Re: Marsupial Carriers (Was: Re: *BIG* Update!)

(...) great! The large radar dishes are arranged such that is looks like there are spherical tanks buried in there, perhaps one single large tank. Overall the rear end reminds me of the Star Wars Calamari cruiser shape with all of the curvature (...) (23 years ago, 18-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.build, lugnet.space)

  Re: Paul Baluch's Carrier (Was: Re: Marsupial Carriers (Was: Re: *BIG* Update!))

I'm kinda speachless, I can't point out anything specific that I like I just like it all!!! its a wonderful shape. Gary Mike Petrucelli <lordi@erols.com> wrote in message news:GI8Epn.G4F@lugnet.com... (...) abysmal, but (...) multi-role (...) is (...) (23 years ago, 18-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.build, lugnet.space)

  Re: Paul Baluch's Carrier (Was: Re: Marsupial Carriers (Was: Re: *BIG* Update!))

(...) The series was called Invasion: Earth IIRC, and was on the WB. Rick (23 years ago, 17-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.build, lugnet.space)

  Re: Paul Baluch's Carrier (Was: Re: Marsupial Carriers (Was: Re: *BIG* Update!))

(...) Agreed more pics. That is just plain awesome. Reminds me of the carriers from an Animated prime-time mini-seires from 2 or 3 years ago. I would definatly like to see a pic of just the fighter design. -Mike Petrucelli (23 years ago, 17-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.build, lugnet.space)

  Confederation of Planets reopens doors three days ahead of schedule!!!

Greetings, Ladies, gentlemen, aliens, and slicon-based lifeforms!!! The Confederation of Planet Main Databank officialy reopens doors!!! Marvel at the new layout, the uniformity, and the CSS!!! I have also added DAT files of my ships to the Databank (...) (23 years ago, 17-Aug-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.cad.dat.scenes, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.general)

  Re: Marsupial Carriers (Was: Re: *BIG* Update!)

(...) Paul, That is great. I the mass is right - so many ships appear frail - this does not! I like grey. You should post more MOCs. Bob (23 years ago, 17-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.build, lugnet.space)

  Re: Marsupial Carriers (Was: Re: *BIG* Update!)

(...) pod 9's heavy gear? the little fighters look simple but awesome in their own right. going to post any pics of them individually? (...) how bout Hive, or another nest-related term? or rack? hmm, nm lol. (...) (23 years ago, 17-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.build, lugnet.space)

  Re: Marsupial Carriers (Was: Re: *BIG* Update!)

(...) Paul, Wow, that's so elegant. Do you have any closeups of the fighters? Do the fighter pilots stay in their fighters the whole time, is there a way for them to access the mothership? Thanks, George (23 years ago, 17-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.build, lugnet.space)

  Paul Baluch's Carrier (Was: Re: Marsupial Carriers (Was: Re: *BIG* Update!))

(...) shape of the little fighters too. The use of the wedge slopes on 3 sides is really neat. I can just imagine this thing spewing fighters out all over the place. :^) More pics, please!!!! ~Grand Admiral Muffin Head (23 years ago, 17-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.build, lugnet.space)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact