 CAD / MLCad / 98 (-20)
  Re: Suggestion for MLCad Plug-Ins

(...) That would be a cool thing, but I don't think it would make sense as a plug-in. There's been discussion of having a protocol for dragging parts between L-CAD applications, it would be cool to have an "LD Palette" program which displayed all (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Suggestion for MLCad Plug-Ins

(...) into (...) How about this: a plugin that can restrict the parts available when building a model to a particular set, and keeps track of how many piece of each part are left. Bascially mimicing the way models are made from real sets. I think (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Windows to ML-CAD?

(...) Yep, MLCAD is a Windows program with Windows menus, buttons, and all that. --Bram (25 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Windows to ML-CAD?

Hi, Quick question. Is ML-Cad the most windows-like in terms of porgrams. The MS- DOS LDRAW format is a little bit to complicated for me. Aaron (25 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Suggestion for MLCad Plug-Ins

(...) A 'hoser' plugin would be awesome for bendable pieces! Steve (25 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Suggestion for MLCad Plug-Ins

Sorry for the delayed reply. I agree that plug-ins should have more functionallity than just playing the roole of a format converter. What I could imagine is chaining the plug-in into the read processing of a dat/mpd file, that allowing the plug-in (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Best hardware for MLCad?

(...) i'm running a PIII 500 with 128M and a voodoo3 3000... *love* the performance i see from MLCad (and *love love love* the voodoo 3000 for Q3, unreal, etc)... running the VEC creation in LDAO is also a dream.. i used to start it and leave it for (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Best hardware for MLCad?

I'm looking to do some upgrading here at home (gotta love that tax return), and am interested what I can add/change to improve my MLCad performance. Is it strictly processor driven or can a beefier video card help out? With 256mb of RAM, I think (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

Michael Lachmann <m.lachmann@xpoint.at> wrote in message news:FnyBpI.5HD@lugnet.com... (...) In my other life, I write what is essentially a plug-in for mechanical CAD systems. I also use plug-ins in other applications, like PageMaker. The common (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Suggestion for MLCad Plug-Ins

I'm happy to hear the general agreement for plug-ins. I agree defining a standard, valid for other programs too, would be the best scenario. The idea to choin the plug-in into the rendering pipe-line is a good idea, but has to be well defined. I (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Suggestion for MLCad Plug-Ins

(...) [snip] (...) Love the idea! I think something like this is just what we need to be able to consolidate cad utilities into one easy to use interface. For example, there could be L2P and L3P plugins written so you can access them from MLCad in a (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  MLCAD 1.7 Release2

Hi, I'm a newby and isn't familiar to any drawing system that we have at this moment. I made today my first model with MLCAD, witch is great, but every coin has a back side. some remarks: 1)Personally, i find the help file not enough detailed on how (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Suggestion for MLCad Plug-Ins

I would very much like to customize MLCAD, but it is not clear to me what these plugins are going to allowed to access. Don't you need an API or something? What am I missing? See also detailed comments below. Michael Lachmann <m.lachmann@xpoint.at> (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Installation Problems with MLCad Version 1.6 and 1.7

I released version 1.7 Release 2 this night. In general it is not required to download this version unless you are a new user of MLCad. The program crashed only after it has been installed for the very first time! Regards, and good play :-) Michael (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Suggestion for MLCad Plug-Ins

I plan to introduce plug-in support with version 1.8 of MLCad. I would like to present my basic ideas here and would like to know, if that would basically be what you like or not. At this point I'm completely open to new ideas as well. So here is (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Installation Problems with MLCad Version 1.6 and 1.7

Dear MLCad fans! I finaly found the problem for the MLCad crashes: Since version 1.6, MLCad uses color-tables. There is a problem now when the program is started for the very first time, since it tries to activate a dialog to ask the user for the (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  *** Update for MLCAD 17 - HELP ***

Hy MLCad friends! I made some mistakes when making the package yesterday. So please download either the complete package again or just the help-files from my web-site: HELP: (2 URLs) not to forget: I wish you the all best for year 2000, hopefully (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Hey, thats a nice feature!

Hey, all! I just discovered a new thing about Leocad. You can save and load Ldraw .dat files! Very, very useful to me, as I used to use Leocad and switched to MLCad after it came out, and I didn't know I could save my Leocad models. Anyway, you all (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: **** MLCAD V1.7 IS AVAILABLE NOW ****

(...) I'll have to find something to model now to test how much I really like it :) Some little nit-picks: 1) You have to highlight the part line for the arrow and Home/End hotkeys to work, even though using the mouse or the menu buttons don't (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  **** MLCAD V1.7 IS AVAILABLE NOW ****

MLCad V1.7 is available now! New features are: - Scrollbar less zooming in viewing areas - Background images - Added part highlighting - Each model has its own color-table now - LDraw and LDLite compatible colors - More hotkeys Feel free to download (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact