 CAD / MLCad / 828 (-20)
  Suggestion for fast access to settings

Hi Michael I have a suggestion for fast access to grid settings: A double click on the icon should directly open the grid setting dialog. The same could be done for the general settings by clicking on mode icons (view mode, place mode, ...) Marc (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Automatic part selection query

(...) Selection based on part number as alternatives for the name can be usefull in some case (when you now the part number) The selection base on the name should accept regular expression. The same kind of regular expression you used for part list (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

"Michael Lachmann" <michael.lachmann@maxmobil.at> wrote in message news:G9ty1F.CpH@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) point (...) have (...) OK, I guess it could be more complicated than I thought - on my Mechanical Engineering degree course I took CAD (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Automatic part selection query

(...) Regarding the selection, MLCad uses a special buffer which keeps track of the parts visible on the screen. For all other parts I would have to go through the list of triangles, lines and quads until I find something in the rectangle. This can (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

"Michael Lachmann" <michael.lachmann@maxmobil.at> wrote in message news:G9tt3D.1Mx@lugnet.com... (...) parts (...) z-ordering. (...) go (...) rectangle. (...) I'm not sure I understand why this is complicated, surely you just need to check each part (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Automatic part selection query

(...) That would need a lot of time, since MLCad does not have any information about parts behind other parts in z order - which means it would have to go through the list of all parts and see if it's within the selection rectangle. Also I imagine (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

"Michael Lachmann" <michael.lachmann@maxmobil.at> wrote in message news:G9tpvF.Ir5@lugnet.com... (...) On the subject of part selection, how about an option to capture all parts in a selection box rather than just the first ones found in the (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

  Automatic part selection query

I got several requests on implementing automatic part selection based on colors and/or parts. If I implement one for selecting all equal parts ignoring the color, and a second which does the same, but takes care on the color would that be (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

  Re: 2 x 2 tile Lap Top screen

(...) Cute... but you should have made it look like MLCad displaying *itself*. ++Lar (24 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  2 x 2 tile Lap Top screen  [DAT]

I forgot to post this DAT file here... It's not an official LEGO part. I needed to make small Lap Tops (by using 2 - 2x2 tiles) but the screens didn't look very well. So I made screens that looked like some software program. It's supposed to look (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Outlin colours

Just a simple query I hope. I have just downloaded MLCad and found it very simple to use compared to LEDit/LDraw (although for the first time ever I can see what people mean when they praise a dos type program over a windows one, it does feel more (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Current version of ML-CAD

Delay I guess being caused by Michael having a baby boy at Christmas (see Merry Christmas posting on 23rd Dec, only just read it), I've got a 17 month old daughter so I know how much of a handful they can be for the first few months/years! Michael, (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Current version of ML-CAD

Current version is 1.99R1 AFAIK so I guess you're on the latest release - MLCad development seems to have been a little quiet lately :( Dan (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Export to 3d models

i wonder if mlcad will have export to 3ds or obj feature later on? currently i use leocad for that but i prefer to use same app for design as export. -- And they said 'Computers will never be in general use' (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Current version of ML-CAD

Hi, sorry I'm not too often here and I wanna ask if there is a new version of ML-CAD (this brilant LEGO CAD soft) ? My last downloaded version comes from November/December 2000. Thanx. Rene (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Yourself - made out of LEGO...

I hope I'm not to late to add to this! Me at work direct link (URL) Lego home page (URL) Regards Andrew (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.build.minifigs)

  Re: Convert to DXF format

I would like to use it also! Thanks, Iemke-P. Zeijlemaker iemke@compuserve.com "Martin Eriksson" <maeron@telia.com> schreef in bericht news:G9BnM9.Bn9@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Convert to DXF format

"Orion" <pobursky@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:G9BDy1.JyB@lugnet.com... (...) Can't find it there, looked all around the place. Do you have the program? If so can you mail it to: martine@xdin.com /Martin (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Convert to DXF format

Yes DAT2DXF. There's a link at www.ldraw.org in the downloads section -Orion (aka BillTheFish) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Convert to DXF format

Is there any program to convert .dat files to .dxf files so you can use them in 3D studio or Maya? /Martin Eriksson (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact