 CAD / MLCad / 718
  Newbie help request.... rotation

My first foray into MLCAD seems to have been ill-chosen for its' difficulty - I would very much appreciate it if anyone can help. The dat file in question is here: (URL) model is a short length of reinforced bridge span, in one dimension, that (...) (24 years ago, 23-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Newbie help request.... rotation

(...) How close are you looking to get? (very slow link right now, so didn't try to download the file you have so far) (...) When I need to rotate parts I hardly ever use the rotation/position menu. I just go into fine mode (you can set the (...) (24 years ago, 23-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Newbie help request.... rotation

The file is 3.5kb - it must be the crane site that's slowing the D/L Ahhhh - I didn't realize that I could change the granularity of the "fine Grid" rotation... Many thanks, Lar! -Derick (...) (24 years ago, 23-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  RE: Newbie help request.... rotation

(...) Like Lar, I set the fine rotation to something smaller than 15 degrees. However, I also move the center of rotation (little square on the center of the part) to the approximate correct position. I then click the button which looks like a brick (...) (24 years ago, 23-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Newbie help request.... rotation

(...) Hi Derick, I'll try to explain how I go about doing that kind of work. I recently build the 8880 which needed a lot of angle adjustements. First step: Open a new file - set the grid mode to coarse. Now let's say the beam of your crane is 8 (...) (24 years ago, 23-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)