 CAD / MLCad / 686
Re: Custom Built LEGO Sets in 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 15:59:53 GMT

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message
news:G5ErKD.CCC@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.cad.mlcad, John VanZwieten writes:

I've had this problem, too.  It's mostly troublesome where two parts of
the same color are stacked on each other.  In 3D view, it seems that • the
lines on the "front" faces (in the bitmap they run from lower right • corner
to upper left corner) most often disappear.

Could this be a matter of what items are drawn first, lines or planes?

Possibly!

I got a copy of the latest LDLite and it does a much better job of • rendering
the edge lines. However it doesn't support .mpd files as well, when you
point it at an MPD it only renders the first subpart it finds, or so it
seems. Also you have no control over the names of the output files, • again,
or so it seems.

If I remember correctly, the previous version of LDLite handles .mpd's
better.

I want the LDLite render but with the control MLCad gives me!!!

Me too!  Perhaps the LDLite renderer could be called from MLCad just for
printing instructions.  The MLCad renderer is probably better (faster) for
viewing onscreen.

-John Van