 CAD / 5071
Re: Custom Built LEGO Sets in 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 9 Dec 2000 10:59:49 GMT

Eric McCarthy wrote:

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Seriously I don't know that any sort of market survey has been taken but I
think MLCad has a lot of adherents. It's pretty well supported by the
author. Feature rich, graphical, easy to use (except for the helps which are
broken, unfortunately) and fast.

For free software MLCad is great.  I used it to create a set.
However, in my experience the output was of horrible quality.
Even though I used the highest resolution, it lost most of the
horizontal lines between layers of bricks, and I spent lots of time
in a paint program drawing lines back in.  Also, I got zero (0) responses
to my question in lugnet.cad.mlcad, which didn't improve my
confidence in getting support.

/Eric McC/

I strongly suggest you to give LeoCAD a try. I think you will be
satisfied on most issues.

Selçuk