 CAD / MLCad / 454
Re: Usage Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 16:54:12 GMT

"Michael Lachmann" <michael.lachmann@maxmobil.at> wrote in message
news:G1yuEK.JC@lugnet.com...

[ ... snipped ... ]

I removed them in an early version because most of the people didn't like • the
scroll-bars. However I could make them optional .. will see .. maybe in • one of
the future versions.

Michael

That is interesting!  Hmmm ... I guess I am used to scroll bars from the
tools (Electrical Engineering CAE tools) we (the company I work for) sell.
They all have scroll bars and most of them have an action tied to the middle
button on a three button mouse that will pan or zoom.  Most of them will
also pan if the mouse is held against (or near) a window border.  Holding
the cursor near the border will cause the focus to pan in that direction.
When we first added panning it took some getting used to as all of the
sudden the screen would pan when users were not expecting it.  We introduced
the ability to turn panning on and off shortly there after.  ;-)

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com