Re: L3P -check Messages and hold votes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Thu, 16 Jul 2009 15:07:38 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Philippe Hurbain wrote:
Try out LDraw Validator:
http://www.pobursky.com/common/temp/LDV.zip

It complains with invalid !license on files that seem ok to me.

I'll look into this.  The !LICENCE check is case sensitive so unless you have
exactly what's in the spec, it will complain.

- Decimal precision
What do you mean?

The Lib Spec says that 3 decimal places is enough in most cases (4 for scalable primitives).   This would be a warning and not an error

- Overlapping polygons (No plans to add this as it would be nearly impossible
due to the nature of the exceptions)
I think it could be done. But is it really necessary? Thresholds would need to
be defined too...

I'm definately sure I don't want to add this because:
- It's not an error, it's a warning
- There are many cases where overlapping is acceptable (e.g. to cone/ring
primitives) that sorting out the good from the bad would be extremely hard and
in the end might generate an unacceptable number of false positives.

-Orion