    Re: Contributor Agreement License details —Kelly McKiernan
   (...) I agree, clarification on rendered images is needed. If a rendering using LDraw parts is a derivative work, and derivative works are required to visibly display credit, that's a problem. It won't show up on my renders; I don't burn "Credit: (...) (17 years ago, 18-Jan-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

        Re: Contributor Agreement License details —Orion Pobursky
     (...) As one of the CA's authors, my view on this is that you should state somewhere in your distribution of the image (i.e. on the web page hosting it, as a text file in a .zip, on the image itself, etc...) that the content were derived from the (...) (17 years ago, 18-Jan-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

         Re: Contributor Agreement License details —Kelly McKiernan
     (...) In publishing, that type of info is usually contained in a colophon, the use of which is sadly fading from popularity. Some few web sites include this level of detail in their "About" section. I agree it would be nice to see attribution in (...) (17 years ago, 18-Jan-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

        Re: Contributor Agreement License details —Timothy Gould
     (...) There is one significant difference between LDraw and Photoshop in that you pay for the right to use Photoshop without giving credit. That said I don't think we need to vandalise our images to put the credit in but I'm not completely averse to (...) (17 years ago, 18-Jan-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

        Re: Contributor Agreement License details —Zachary Best
   (...) While rendered images are Derivative Works, I do not think you would have to add anything such as a copyright notice to them. The language of the CALicense.txt paragraph 4.2 says to the extent reasonably practicable or at a minimum where you (...) (17 years ago, 18-Jan-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

        Re: Contributor Agreement License details —Don Heyse
   (...) This is crazy talk. People sign paintings, but nobody is ever gonna staple a note on the back of a painting that says, "This painting was created with ACME brand paints and brushes." Please don't insert any such crazy demand in the ldraw (...) (17 years ago, 18-Jan-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)