Re: 2006 LSC: Call for Nominations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2006 08:48:24 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Lars C. Hassing wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Willy Tschager wrote:
as you may have already noticed the terms have been extended considerably in the
final draft of the LSC:

Considering that the election is in July (which I believe is a fairly common month
for summer holidays) I don't find the terms that long.

And only five days to vote doesn't seem very democratic to me.

I try my best to read news on a daily basis, but there are times when I'm away
for a week or two.
Though LDraw is an important part of our lives, it is still a hobby (no offense!)
/Lars

feel free to bring on a motion to move the election, say to october and extend
the nomination to 3 weeks or a month and the election to 2 weeks. I'm not making
the rules here. I'm currently just carrying out the elections like we have done
in the last 3 years.

please take into account when forwarding your proposal that for example people
nominate just after the announcement that calls for nomination, a reminder or
the reminder that nomination will close soon (just have a look at the last
nomination http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=13866 or the Steerco in March
http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=13531 - and I guess it is the same behavior for
the election itself. IMHO it is not the lenght of term that counts.

w.