 CAD / 13866
13865  |  13867
Subject:
2006 LSC: Call for Nominations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Sat, 1 Jul 2006 08:31:12 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

It has been a year since the last election of the LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC). Nominations are now open. All nominations must be received and recorded by July 15. Elections will be held from July 20 ‘til July 25.

The LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC) is responsible for maintaining semi-regular internal discussions on pending file format issues, the overall progress of the LDraw file format and new or proposed developments made by different LDraw-based software authors. They adopt new official standards by voting on them, and publish documentation on LDraw.org following such a decision. The LSC has documented and will document past, current and future LDraw File Formats.

To be eligible for LSC membership, per the proposal (1), you must fulfill at least one of the following:
  • Authored at least two LDraw parts subsequently released in an Official LDraw.org Parts Update
  • Served as a reviewer on the Parts Tracker through at least 2 official parts updates, and posted at least 5 reviews in at least two updates since their initial participation
  • Authored a software program that is compliant with either the LDraw 0.2.7 spec or another spec published by the LSC
  • Petition for nomination as an LSC candidate approved by 2 current LSC members
  • Petition for nomination as an LSC candidate made to the LSC by at least 5 others eligible to be LSC candidates
People can either self-nominate or nominate someone else. When nominating, please reference the person’s eligibility from the list above.

Nominations MUST be posted in direct reply to this post to be counted, and must be online by 12:00am July 15.

Voting for the elections will begin July 20, and end July 25. Per the proposal, the LSC will officially change over on August 15th, giving time to transition newly elected members into the committee.

Only LDraw organization members are permitted to vote in this poll. If you are not registered as a member of the organization and would like to join, follow the instructions at the bottom of this page: Joining the Organization.

Willy Tschager
On behalf of the LDraw.org Steering Committee

(1) The LSC Proposal: http://www.ldraw.org/article/282