Re: LDraw.org Contributer Agreement Status
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2005 15:09:01 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Orion Pobursky wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Jeffrey Findley wrote:
In lugnet.announce, Orion Pobursky wrote:
The search is still not over.  We still need to get the last 38 people on the
list.  Most of these people have been contacted multiple times at their last
known address but some have been uncontactable.

Just wondering if you've tried a Google search using their name (e.g. "Jeff
Findley") to see if you can find a new email address.

For all the asterisked people, yes.  This is how I found the bulk majority of
the people whose email was unknown.

Also, some of the people on the list are still posting here on Lugnet but for
whatever reason have not contacted me.  This is why I posted this thread in
.general as well as the .cad tree.

For example: http://news.lugnet.com/build/microscale/?n=540 (just the one I
picked off the top of my head)

Those people that are getting mail but ignoring Orion... why? This is important.
The impact to the entire community will be somewhat negative, we may have to run
with two versions of the library and even possibly have to do parts over again.

Note: Orion, if you used the email address in their posts to try to contact some
of these folks, and you got a bounce (invalid address) rather than just being
ignored, I would greatly appreciate it if you would please let me or any admin
know. It is a ToS violation to post with your address set to an address (that
when easily decoded by a human) that is not valid.

The admins take a dim view of this behaviour as it is very easy to fix, all you
have to do is go here: http://news.lugnet.com/news/post/setup/ and fill out a
new setup. (for that reason, Xposted to admin.general)