  Re: Legacy Files on the Parts Tracker

(...) But how can you certify a part that uses subparts, if the subparts might change? Maybe the orientation of the file will change, and then the parent part would have to be modified? Or am I missing something? (21 years ago, 29-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Legacy Files on the Parts Tracker

(...) No, that's a very good point. You're correct, that the subparts have to be certified first. I was really trying to advocate changing just the sort order of the parts tracker list (so that parts at the bottom of the page don't get ignored), not (...) (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Legacy Files on the Parts Tracker

(...) OK, so let's figure out a better sort order. The possible 'statuses' for files are: - Certified! - Needs Admin review - Needs more votes - Subfiles aren't certified - Hold My thinking when I constructed the list and the sorting was: - Keep the (...) (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Legacy Files on the Parts Tracker

(...) I like this idea. It solve the perceived de-emphasis on [art with uncertified subparts. (...) I think the parts list should list everything currently on the PT. This way I can find a subfile I may have missed or wasn't included in a model I (...) (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Legacy Files on the Parts Tracker

(...) OK, when I get time, I'll give that a try. I can also add an option to the page to hide certified and needs-admin files. That will cut down on the amount of noise on the page. Steve (21 years ago, 11-Nov-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)