    Re: BFC and Primitives —Kyle McDonald
   (...) Some of those tools ( I know MLCad can use them ) already support them. On top of that those are not the only tools around! (...) This is just not true. In my program it make a big deal. In general, anytime you can quickly narrow down the (...) (22 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

        Re: BFC and Primitives —Damien Guichard
   I quote Michael Lachmann, from MLCad file ReleaseNotes.txt: Beginning with release V2.00 MLCad does no longer support BFC. However the metacommand itself is still supported but has no effect on drawing (BFC - BackFaceCulling was an experiment on (...) (22 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

        Re: BFC and Primitives —Kyle McDonald
     Hi. Damien Guichard wrote: > I quote Michael Lachmann, from MLCad file ReleaseNotes.txt: > > Beginning with release V2.00 MLCad does no longer support BFC. > However the metacommand itself is still supported but has no effect on > drawing (BFC - (...) (22 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

        Re: BFC and Primitives —Steve Bliss
     (...) rights to access the faq directory. :\ (...) Could you, would you, post the text from this item, or maybe even email me the FAQ document? I'd appreciate it. Steve (22 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

        Re: BFC and Primitives —Kyle McDonald
   Also, I believe, that no matter whether you use Back Face Culling or not, Having the vertices wound correctly in the DAT files is still a good thing. In the absence of a standard winding, then Documenting in each part the way the polygons are wound (...) (22 years ago, 8-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

        Re: BFC and Primitives —Travis Cobbs
   (...) You have to calculate a vertex normal in order to do lighting. However, it doesn't have to be the correct normal if your rendering engine supports 2-sided lighting (like OpenGL does). In this case, calculating a normal that points backwards (...) (22 years ago, 8-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)