Re: Parts Tracker - Using L3P-check to scan submitted files
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 12:31:02 GMT

Steve:

I would say yes. The last two definitely should, since they
indicate unneeded resource use.

Which is sloppy, but not a killer error.

I assume that L3P reports the relevant lines, so it is
trivial to remove one of the offending ones.

The first one should really
be split in to two triangles, if it really is intended to be
non-planar.

I didn't list the non-coplanar message with the "reject"
group is because the thresholds of coplanarity are
variable, not fixed.  So we need to agree on what level
of coplanarity we require.

Right. Set a reasonably large threshold (0.1?) and reject
based on it.

Jacob
--
"It ain't rocket science!"