 CAD / Development / Organizations / LDraw / *2431 (-20)
  Re: Renaming Gaming group

(...) Very cool! Any chance you'd consider moving lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw to lugnet.cad.org.ldraw? I realize it's only 4 characters, but making this change would: a. Align the ldraw group with other <topic>.org groups. b. Get the LDraw.org group (...) (21 years ago, 10-May-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Parts Tracker Status

(...) Just as a note, if you don't have root access, you should be still able to compile and use the Mesa libraries purely from your account. This might take a little know-how, and you'll have to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include whatever directory you (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Parts Tracker Status

(...) Just so I don't lose it, here's a link to someone who apparently has had some success with this technique building OSMesa without X on an ipaq. The --without-x looks like a handy build option. (URL) I've put it on my todo list to put together (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Parts Tracker Status

(...) I'm pretty sure I've run it without the X libraries around, but I don't think I ever linked it without them. So you might be able to build it on another BSD box with X and MESA and then run it on a headless box with just the OSMesa lib (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Parts Tracker Status

(...) well, the problem is that we don't have the MESA libraries installed, and it's going to be a problem setting them up on the server. We are working to have the pictures generated in semi-real time off the server though. Unless you can somehow (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Parts Tracker Status

(...) Do you need help getting the image generation running? It should work on BSD. Don (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: The dead Parts Tracker (was: Problem with account)

Steve Bliss <steve.bliss@earthlink.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:HELE4v.3n6@lugnet.com... (...) Great! Thanks! You done it, after weeks. The tracker is online again. Thanks again Bernd (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: The dead Parts Tracker (was: Problem with account)

It's not dead yet! It's feeling better... (...) As of about half an hour ago. :) Well, mostly. (...) Mostly technical difficulties, and some availability issues. Steve (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Parts Tracker Status

Thanks, Steve!! -Tim (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Parts Tracker Status

The Parts Tracker is back online and open for business! The URL is the same as always, (URL). There are two outstanding issues that we'll hopefully be able to resolve soon: 1. Because of differences in the nature of the server, submissions and (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw) !!

  Re: Elections and Membership in ldraw.org

(...) Yup! Soon! Not _exactly_ the way we brainstormed about it, but effectively the same result, I think. I don't think we'll go back automatically and retroactively convert news-posting accounts, for example. I think there'll be a transition (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.admin.general)

  The dead Parts Tracker (was: Problem with account)

Do you guys have an estimate on when this will be working again? Is this an issue of technical difficulties, or are we waiting for someone to get back from vacation? And yes, I know this is all volunteer work. I greatly appreciate having this great (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99

(...) I would be one of those who would be prevented from voting (at least this year), and I don't have a strong objection to not being able to vote. The restriction is designed to make the LSC a technical group voted on by technically involved (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99

(...) I personally feel the restriction is a good idea. However, playing devil's advocate, I feel obliged to point out that since it would increase my voting power (since I am eligible as a software author), it's in my best interests to be in favor (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: motm/sotm

(...) I agree somewhat, but I think it's better than having no contest in the mean time. -Tim (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: motm/sotm

(...) We _could_. But it would limit participation in the vote more than I would like. Play well, Jacob -- LEGO boats: (URL) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: motm/sotm

(...) I'd have to check with Terry and Steve, but I think it's a backup issue. I wonder if in the mean time, we couldn't run MOTM via LUGNET's poll system? -Tim (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  motm/sotm

Hi, With all the problems ldraw.org has had over the last few weeks, what happened with March's contests? The site is still showing February's winners. <disclosure> I'm asking mainly because I had an image entered and the suspense is killing me (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99

(...) UTC of course! ;-) Play well, Jacob (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99

(...) I dunno - that depends on the tech guys who create the voting system. GMT or EST (New York) sounds good to me. -Tim (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact