 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 443
Re: L3P Launcher for Mac OS X
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Sun, 29 Jun 2003 13:54:29 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, James Reynolds wrote:
I am releasing a beta of an app I am working on that runs l3p without the
Terminal.app.

I have already made alot of changes to the window, but it "doesn't work" yet.
So in the mean time, I am releasing this version that works.  Moral is don't get
use to what it looks like.

http://www.cc.utah.edu/~jer29950/lego/l3p/

James

James,

I like the overall approach, and look forward to seeing the finished product.

One note is that checking the 'Use LGEO Library' box on the 'Other' pane leads
to an error from the LGEODIR environment variable not being set.  For this
feature to work (problems elsewhere noted), you'll need to provide a field for
the user to specify the LGEO library path and set LGEODIR accordingly.

I also learned that L3P Launcher will hang (spinning beach ball) after 'Create
POV file' is clicked if you specify the L3P directory location, as opposed to
the location of the L3P executable, in the 'L3P location' field.  (I was
fiddling because I hadn't assumed that the 'Default' location would work.)
Something to clarify in documentation, perhaps, if the error isn't easily
trapped.

Regards, Tom