 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 386
Re: Glut fixes and Offscreen Rendering
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 21:42:18 GMT

Sorry for the delay, been pretty busy.

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Christopher Masi writes:
"Don Heyse" <dheyse@hotmail.spam.go.away.com> wrote:
So what about the offscreen rendering?  Does it work?

  http://ldglite.sf.net/ldgliteosx0_9_5g.zip

To render offscreen you use -MS on the ldglite command line, eg.

  ldglite -v3 -l3 -i1 -MS mymodel.mpd

OK... this is why I am confused about the new feature... doesn't it
already exist in LDGLite?

Not on OSX.  If it opens a Window then it's not using the offscreen
feature.  Offscreen means no window.  Other than that it's very similar
to the lowercase -ms option.

Hold on, further testing reveals that I cannot change the size of the
picture. I changed the -v3 to -v640,480, -v800,600, and -v1280,1024 but
all of the png's come out the same size.

The default in ldglite is to crop the image size to fit the model.
try -i-1 instead of -i1 to turn off cropping.  You can also scale
the model up with -s4 or more if you don't have a large enough test
model.

By the way, doesn't LDGLite have a command that will print out the
commands to feed to l3p to generate the same view as is seen in the
LDGLite window? I cannot seem to find the command in the readme, but I
know that I have used it. Am I thinking about another program?

Is this what you're looking for?

  http://ldglite.sourceforge.net/ldglitepov.html

I guess I need to add that to the readme file...