 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 383
Re: Glut fixes and Offscreen Rendering
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 03:48:41 GMT

In article <H8G96v.ICz@lugnet.com>,
"Don Heyse" <dheyse@hotmail.spam.go.away.com> wrote:

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Christopher Masi writes:
Went there, downloaded it, followed the directions to compile it,
followed the directions to install it, launched LDGLite in LEDIT mode,
and it works as advertised. LDGLite accepts keyboard input now. Next
question is, when will Apple intergrate this fix into Software Update.

Thanks for keeping on top of all this!

No problem.  So what about the offscreen rendering?  Does it work?

  http://ldglite.sf.net/ldgliteosx0_9_5g.zip

To render offscreen you use -MS on the ldglite command line, eg.

  ldglite -v3 -l3 -i1 -MS mymodel.mpd

OK... this is why I am confused about the new feature... doesn't it
already exist in LDGLite?

I ran the command line above with LDGLiteOSX 0.9.5f (I think it is
0.9.5f, anyway the get info says created Jun 22, 2002) and the "bitmap"
folder inside my LDRAW folder contains a png for every step in my model.
It works for the new version too.

Hold on, further testing reveals that I cannot change the size of the
picture. I changed the -v3 to -v640,480, -v800,600, and -v1280,1024 but
all of the png's come out the same size.

By the way, doesn't LDGLite have a command that will print out the
commands to feed to l3p to generate the same view as is seen in the
LDGLite window? I cannot seem to find the command in the readme, but I
know that I have used it. Am I thinking about another program?

Thanks,
Chris