 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 387
Re: Glut fixes and Offscreen Rendering
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 03:06:34 GMT

In article <H8o9MI.2Fr@lugnet.com>,
"Don Heyse" <dheyse@hotmail.spam.go.away.com> wrote:

Sorry for the delay, been pretty busy.

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Christopher Masi writes:
"Don Heyse" <dheyse@hotmail.spam.go.away.com> wrote:
So what about the offscreen rendering?  Does it work?

  http://ldglite.sf.net/ldgliteosx0_9_5g.zip

To render offscreen you use -MS on the ldglite command line, eg.

  ldglite -v3 -l3 -i1 -MS mymodel.mpd

OK... this is why I am confused about the new feature... doesn't it
already exist in LDGLite?

Not on OSX.  If it opens a Window then it's not using the offscreen
feature.  Offscreen means no window.  Other than that it's very similar
to the lowercase -ms option.

OK, I might be insane, but I just did

./ldglitef -MS (or -ms) mini.dat

and I got png's or bmp's in my ldraw/bitmap folder. No windows opened.

ldglitef is the ldglite exacutable from June22. Did you sneak this
feature into an old release and forget about it?

Thanks for the extra info about getting the model to fill a bigger
screen. Thanks for the reminder about F12!

Chris