 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 316
Re: Flat Panel 23" Monitor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Sat, 7 Dec 2002 07:11:55 GMT

I don't know anything about Windows drivers except I can't ever get them to
install right.  But otherwise, sure.  You need to buy a bunch of extra stuff
though.

You can either get  Dr. Bott's DVIator with a video card with a DVI port.
Dr. Bott's doesn't list 23" on their webpage, only 22".  Don't know why.  I
don't think the
22" or 23" are different (other than size).

http://www.dviator.com/
http://www.macobserver.com/article/2001/05/02.1.shtml

Or you can get Gefen's ex-tend-it.

http://www.gefen.com/

I think all the Apple DVI/ADC cables and adapters is to allow compatibility
between their
own products (except the ones with VGA).  So...

You could search google for DVI, ADC, VGA, Gefen, DVIator, etc.,.

Don't know if it was a 22" or a 23", but I was playing a game on one in an
Apple Store and they are cooler than anything...

James

Mac users is it possible to connect this monitor or another other MAC flat
monitors to a PC?

Here is the link:
http://www.apple.com/displays/acd23/

-Thanks
AHui

You probably can, but you would need a DVI to ADC adapter (and be using a
video card with a DVI port). Even then, I can't guarantee it would work
since I never tried it and don't have one to try it with. Plus I know some
versions of Windows have been picky about using monitors and required
drivers and other nonsense to make them work.

Unless you had a Mac to use it on first, I woudln't recommend trying it
unless you can get a reply from somebody who has tried.