 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 314
  Flat Panel 23" Monitor

Mac users is it possible to connect this monitor or another other MAC flat monitors to a PC? Here is the link: (URL) (22 years ago, 7-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Flat Panel 23" Monitor

(...) You probably can, but you would need a DVI to ADC adapter (and be using a video card with a DVI port). Even then, I can't guarantee it would work since I never tried it and don't have one to try it with. Plus I know some versions of Windows (...) (22 years ago, 7-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Flat Panel 23" Monitor

I don't know anything about Windows drivers except I can't ever get them to install right. But otherwise, sure. You need to buy a bunch of extra stuff though. You can either get Dr. Bott's DVIator with a video card with a DVI port. Dr. Bott's (...) (22 years ago, 7-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Flat Panel 23" Monitor

I have a Mac Cinema Display 22" on my machine, being driven by an ATI9000 Pro graphics card. Both this and the 23" display are digital monitors. The ATI card has two monitor output ports (to drive two monitors at once if necessary). One port is a (...) (22 years ago, 7-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Flat Panel 23" Monitor

(...) Thanks, I got a ALL-IN-WONDER RADEON ATI CARD and according to the specs it can handle this: Digital Flat Panel (DVI-I) support (AGP version only) DVI-I Interface lets you connect ALL-IN-WONDER® RADEON™ to new DVI-I Digital Flat Panels Enjoy (...) (22 years ago, 7-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Flat Panel 23" Monitor

Allthough these montors can be used with adapters (most, maybe not all of these mac displays are NOT regular DVI) the contrast/brightness CANNOT be adjusted with windows. This is done by the mac, but with windows you'd have controls on the monitor, (...) (22 years ago, 7-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Flat Panel 23" Monitor

(...) same 16:10 widescreen size (23"), and has the same native resulution (1920x1200) as the 23" Cinema Display. Plus, it lists for $500 less and natively supports DVI-D and HD15. DVI-D appears to be a digital-only connectotion. I'm not 100% sure, (...) (22 years ago, 9-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Flat Panel 23" Monitor

(...) limits of your video card. If you do indeed have an All In Wonder Radeon (the original, not the 8500, 9700, etc), then your DVI connector only supports up to 1280x1024, according to the specs page on ATI's web site. If you do go with the Sony, (...) (22 years ago, 9-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)