 CAD / Development / 9797 (-20)
  Re: In dev: new ldconfig.ldr file

(...) Yes, I like it. However, is it different from the way we decided to number the search paths? Last I remember, we decided to stick them in the generic [LDraw] section and number them like this. [LDraw] LdrawSearch01=<HIDE>...MyPrims\In Work (...) (20 years ago, 9-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: In dev: new ldconfig.ldr file

(...) How about a ldcfgblk.ldr? For those of us who prefer to edit on a black background instead of a paper white one? I suppose the software could just swap edge=0 for edge=8 and vice versa, but what about the non-black and white edges? -Kyle (...) (20 years ago, 9-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: In dev: new ldconfig.ldr file

(...) Yeah, I could see a section in LDRAW.INI like: [Configurations] 0=ldconfig.ldr 1=ldcfgalt.ldr ... (...) Well, yeah -- but then there'd have to be another interface element to allow the user to select the colorblock. I think it would be easier (...) (20 years ago, 9-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: In dev: new ldconfig.ldr file

(...) The DOS tools won't use the file, but DOS users may still unzip new part libraries to an 8.3 filesystem. (...) I like it, but I'll have to spend some more time comparing. Many of the colors vary a bit from the ldlite defaults, and some of the (...) (20 years ago, 9-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: In dev: new ldconfig.ldr file

(...) I like the black edges. They're what LEGO use, after all. (...) I'll take that bet! :-) As long as I get to pick the focus group. :-) More seriously, I'm glad that Steve is going to go with an alternate version of the file, as long as it's not (...) (20 years ago, 9-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: In dev: new ldconfig.ldr file

(...) nbd. :) (...) OK, thanks for clarifying. Most comments I've heard in this area have been from people who prefer black edges over colored edges, which is why ldconfig.ldr has the more depressing style. (...) I don't see why not. How's this? (...) (20 years ago, 9-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: In dev: new ldconfig.ldr file

(...) Sorry about that. I really don't like it, except for printing out paper copies. And that's probabably only because of inkjet printer limitations (there's almost always a black cartridge). (...) Sure, but I've mostly ignored it because the file (...) (20 years ago, 9-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: In dev: new ldconfig.ldr file

(...) Are you being entirely ironic about this, or only partially? That is, do you like or dislike the mostly-black edge colors? I can't tell from your post. Either way, I must mention that I haven't changed most of the data; the current 'official' (...) (20 years ago, 9-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: In dev: new ldconfig.ldr file

(...) Ewww! Who picked the yucky edge colors? I mean, black edges are fine for *printed* instructions, but in my personal opinion they're not nearly bright and cheerful enough for on screen modeling. :-< And I'm fairly certain that 9 out of 10 focus (...) (20 years ago, 9-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  In dev: new ldconfig.ldr file

Since the LSC has come to agreement on a 1.0 standard for the !COLOUR meta-statement, I've prepared a new version of the ldconfig.ldr file. The new file has been converted to use the !COLOUR statement in place of LDLite's COLOR statement. Besided (...) (20 years ago, 9-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: I have an idea . What if we make a game

(...) have made it possible to run a multiplayer session and now is possible: - to chat - move around spots and the other playes can see a message saying your location in game , for now in text but later i will make it so that we see us as lego (...) (20 years ago, 7-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Status of BFC

(...) -Wayne (20 years ago, 4-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Status of BFC

(...) It's listed. It's on the Specifications page under the Standards heading with the title of "LDraw Language Extension for Clipping (BFC)". Here's a direct link: (URL) (20 years ago, 4-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Status of BFC

(...) Alll: Could somebody please tell me where the BFC documentation is? I've read the specifications at LDraw.Org and I see no mention of it. -Wayne (20 years ago, 4-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: I have an idea . What if we make a game

I made a screenshot of the gui for the game I need help as I don't know how to do it most of it mainly the internet parts (URL) (20 years ago, 3-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Status of BFC

(...) Some part authors have been making major advances in getting the official library BFC compliant - notably Guy Vivan has been submitting BFCed files almost daily in recent months. These revised parts are in the Parts Tracker waiting for review. (...) (20 years ago, 3-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Status of BFC

(...) I'll be supporting it in the next major LDView version (3.0). I really don't have an estimated completion date for this at the moment, but I at least hope to have it out before the end of the year. There could be minor LDView updates before (...) (20 years ago, 2-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Status of BFC

(...) Yes it will... Once all the parts in the library are made BFC complient. (...) Since it's not full implemented library wide, most tools haven't been able to take full advantage of the benefit of consistant winding. POV-Ray is a ray tracer as (...) (20 years ago, 2-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Status of BFC

Hi there. I just found this about BFC. As I understand it, it's intended to be used to reduce the amount of polygons etc. in the modell that is renderd, in some way? If I've understood this correctly, is thisthen used in any current tools for (...) (20 years ago, 2-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Request change to ptreleases.cgi

(...) I tend to agree with your thought, and I'm going to switch the script over to a flat-list model. Although I think the hierarchy of release -> distr type -> file format makes the most sense; and (somewhat) addresses your earlier question about (...) (20 years ago, 2-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact