 CAD / Development / 9780
Re: Status of BFC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 2 Aug 2004 22:16:32 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Gunnar  Lindholm wrote:
Hi there.
I just found this about BFC. As I understand it, it's intended to be used to
reduce the amount of polygons etc. in the modell that is renderd, in some
way?

Yes it will... Once all the parts in the library are made BFC complient.

If I've understood this correctly, is thisthen used in any current tools for
rendering? Or do tools like Pov-Ray have some kind of this already?

Since it's not full implemented library wide, most tools haven't been able to
take full advantage of the benefit of consistant winding.

POV-Ray is a ray tracer as opposed to a real time rendering engine.  This means
that everything in POV is described by a mathematical model and doesn't benefit
from consistant winding.

-Orion