 CAD / Development / 9762 (-20)
  Re: cant compile ldglite in gentoo linux

It didn't work with 1.0.7 but the daily-CVS version worked! In the webbpage, the lines about the daily CVS should perhaps not be in the section "somewhat older stuff" ;-) It works fine with the l3 parser. But it does not show any thing if I do (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Request change to ptreleases.cgi

I like it. One other change you didn't mention is the addition of the BASE downloads. That's also very nice, because it allows an app to bootstrap itself completely, without requiring the user to first install LDraw. (Having said that, I'm not (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: cant compile ldglite in gentoo linux

(...) I think this means I need to get an up to date linux box so I can try to resolve the incompatibilities with the newer hardware accelerated opengl drivers and the software rendering offscreen osmesa driver. What version of ldglite is this? 1.0 (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Request change to ptreleases.cgi

Hey all (interested parties), Please take a look at (URL) let me know what you think. This is a temporary script and URL. Please don't think this is the final configuration. I'm working on a (more) final version, hopefully it will be ready before (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  cant compile ldglite in gentoo linux

Hello. I'm trying to compile ldglite in my gentoo linux machine. Here is what happens. I give the command: make -f makefile.linux And after some compiling I get: gcc -g -DUNIX -DUSE_OPENGL -DUSE_L3_PARSER -DUSE_BMP8 -DNEED_MIN_MAX -DUSE_PNG (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: I have an idea . What if we make a game

(...) GREAT :), Ok I explain again , to undestand u can go to www.4dimensions.org and and play the 4D game or let me try to explain again. ok you will see a drawing of the room u are in so u don't need to imagen it but if u are with other players or (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: I have an idea . What if we make a game

Hello. Yes, I like your idea, but it's hard to imagine what exactly you want it to look like. Please make drawings of your ideas so it is easier to get the idea. Then I have some questions: When do you want this game to go into production? How much (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: I have an idea . What if we make a game

OK I think I have a better idea still is the same but we could do it Is like doing a chat room ok the idea is based on MUD games text based games but the diferences are we will use graphics to show the static elements like (buildings, minfigs that (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Request change to ptreleases.cgi

(...) Yes, that would be me. I had a messed up bug in my HTTP download code that took me a long time to track down. (Note that the bug didn't cause the unusally large number of downloads of the file; tracking down the bug did.) In general, I'm not a (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Request change to ptreleases.cgi

(...) Well, I think both would be appropriate. At this point, I haven't decided if I want to track down an open source unzip library to unzip the zip files, or just execute the other ones directly from LDView. But from the standpoint of the file (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Request change to ptreleases.cgi

(...) Do you want sizes for the ZIP files or the ARJ-format EXEs? Steve (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Request change to ptreleases.cgi

(...) I always thought it should emit XML, which would make it really easy to add more info (like what you're suggesting) without affecting backwards compatibility. Maybe it's not too late to do that. From looking at the logs from the last few days, (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Request change to ptreleases.cgi

I have a request for a change to be made to the ptreleases.cgi script that keeps track of all parts updates. Unfortunately, if anyone has actually implemented support for automatic updates using this script, my suggested change might not be (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: I have an idea . What if we make a game

(...) wow nice, is sort of my idea but everything rendered with pov-ray. Who make it? and how? (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: I have an idea . What if we make a game

(...) Well something easy to use I was thinking. (...) 2d = 2 dimensions like the game diablo If possible or like GTA 1 top view. (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: I have an idea . What if we make a game

Would it look sumwhat like this? (URL) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: I have an idea . What if we make a game

(...) It is always best to start it out working on all platforms. There are several code libraries that can be used that are multiplatform. I think the most popluar is SDL (libsdl). If you used something Microsoft/Apple proprietary, like (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: I have an idea . What if we make a game

(...) a space colonization game. no pre-built model, everyone has to build his models from hard earned bricks. some play the Exploriens trying to expand and unreveal E.T. secrets, other play UFOs trying to hide and conquer by converting their (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  I have an idea . What if we make a game

I was thinking since I started to like the game Diablo and other RPG for their great features. Why don't we do a game ? Not just a single player game that has a start and an end but something like an MMORPG well if is possible online if not why not (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Blender/LDraw work for SIGGRAPH

I'm happy to see people talking a bit about Blender and LDraw here. I've been in touch with Ton Roosendaal of the Blender community for a few weeks now, we're planning to get together at SIGGRAPH, attend each other's BOF sessions, and talk about how (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.events, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact