 CAD / Development / 931
  Re: New guidelines on parts and numbers (long)

(...) Would you also color the inside of the brick dark grey and the outside silver? :) What about the 6H antennas? Would you include the little scratched off places where you can see that the piece is actually transparent? :) Seriously, though, I (...) (26 years ago, 1-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New guidelines on parts and numbers (long)

(...) So the 6H antenna is really clear underneath? I think the divers knives are white - anybody got a sprue they didn't throw out? What about the coins? I'd like to add my salutations the great work that has gone on in the backgound - well done. (...) (26 years ago, 1-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New guidelines on parts and numbers (long)

(...) I think the current plans are to change the original lines to dark grey, and put a new silver surface on the part, 0.001 larger. ;) Steve (26 years ago, 1-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New guidelines on parts and numbers (long)

(...) That will be the way new parts are handled. Will we go back and redo (or undo) existing parts? I don't know. It's not out of the question. Steve (26 years ago, 1-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New guidelines on parts and numbers (long)

(...) I really see no way out of doing it. An existing 8xxxx will, by definition, most likely have to go into a '_' category as a hard-coded piece. That would leave us without a corresponding #16 piece to use. So if we want that piece in #16, it (...) (26 years ago, 2-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New guidelines on parts and numbers (long)

***...*** REPLY SEPARATOR ***...*** (...) Sounds good to me. The part number for that piece is the same as any other 2x4 brick, 3001. I didn't read through the whole original message, but I assume you are planning to have a totally new category for (...) (26 years ago, 2-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New guidelines on parts and numbers (long)

(...) Ryan, I was kidding. Unless we have a part number for the chromed version, there's no reason to create a new file for it. (...) It wouldn't make a lot of sense to have a category for chromed parts. That would be a little like having a category (...) (26 years ago, 3-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)