 CAD / Development / 9125
Re: announcing TrackDraw (BrickFest preview)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 7 Aug 2003 10:59:38 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Frank Buiting wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Cary Clark wrote:
I've been working on TrackDraw, a replacement for Track Designer, • ...

I noticed you're using .Net
So it might actually work on Linux boxes since the Framework is also
available for Linux. See: http://www.go-mono.com/index.html for more
info about a .Net framework implementation.

-Frank

I've heard about Linux-based versions of .NET, but I don't have any personal
experience with them. It may be very reasonable to port to Linux -- I think the
largest stumbling block will be an accurate port of GDI+, the 2D drawing engine,
which I rely on heavily.

When I am ready to release the program, I'll release the source, also. Anyone
that wants to try to port to this framework, or rewrite it entirely in another
language, is welcome to do so.

Cary