 CAD / Development / 9218
Re: announcing TrackDraw (BrickFest preview)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 2003 17:03:34 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Jordan Bradford wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Cary Clark wrote:
I replied directly to Amaury about helping, which I appreciate. But I'm
curious: does anyone know of a online discussion on the challenges of
porting a substantial application from Windows .NET to Linux?

Yes, since I started one for you:
<http://arstechnica.infopop.net/OpenTopic/page?a=tpc&s=50009562&f=6330927813&m=1580951385&r=1580951385#1580951385
Porting .NET to Linux (?)>

This is very interesting, but I want to set expectations clearly:
- I will not spend any time porting TrackDraw to another platform.
- I will release sources with the executable so that others may do so.
- I will not integrate changes made by others, if those changes do not
benefit the Windows port, and take a lot of time.
- The moment working on TrackDraw is not fun, I will quit working on it.

Cary