 CAD / Development / 8862
  Re: JDraw3D, another Viewer/Editor for ldraw files

Sorry, it's my fault. I'll try to explain thinks better and change the page. What I can tell you right now is that you don't have the required java vm plugin installed in your browser - probably MS IE. Microsoft ships MSIE with his own (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: JDraw3D, another Viewer/Editor for ldraw files

(...) ... I couldn't get it to work either. I installed Sun's Java, and if I visit that site, it says "Congratulations, it's installed". But if I run the Java compatibility test, IE 6.1 draws the gray square, and says "Applet failed to load", Opera (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: JDraw3D, another Viewer/Editor for ldraw files

(...) I have J2RE 1.4.1 and Java3D 1.3 installed and I can't seem to run the program or the applets on your site -Orion (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: JDraw3D, another Viewer/Editor for ldraw files

Hmm Your Yahoo accoutn doesn't like you. :P (...) Even when you download them? The getting *any* applet to work these days, with all the different Plugins, and JDK's, and browsers can be a real pain. You may have JDK 1.4.1 and Java3D 1.3 may be (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: JDraw3D, another Viewer/Editor for ldraw files

(...) No, it's just I misspelled my address. Try bill with 2 l's -Orion (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: JDraw3D, another Viewer/Editor for ldraw files

(...) I take all this back. I just went back to your website and everything works. Strange. -Orion (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: JDraw3D, another Viewer/Editor for ldraw files

(...) Cool. Now if I could just get Netscape7/Mozilla to use the JDK I installed (which has J3D) instead of the one that came with it. Grrrr.... -Kyle (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: JDraw3D, another Viewer/Editor for ldraw files

Hello Cary, The test on Sun's pages only tells you that the java vm is installed, not that the "applets" in the browser are handled by the java plugin. In IE you can specify a java applet in 2 ways: you can use the <object (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: JDraw3D, another Viewer/Editor for ldraw files

(...) ... Hi Florin: Somehow I missed the Java 3D part of the installation. There are two choices, DirectX and OpenGL. The DirectX couldn't find a suitable driver on my system, so I installed the OpenGL (presumably software-only) solution. I got (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: JDraw3D, another Viewer/Editor for ldraw files

Hi Cary, I'm sorry to say that, but my app, being based on Java3D requires 3d hardware support for rendering. That means that it runs well on GeForce and Radeon graphic cards series, but not so well on software renderizers. Regarding the first run, (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)