 CAD / Development / 8853
Re: LSC Draft Proposal Version 0.7
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 16:55:50 GMT

On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 03:06:52PM +0000, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
I believe this group should be responsible for forming the charter
organization for LDraw, and then step down.  Administrating the website,
Parts Tracker and server are all separate technical functions, and do
not fall under the charter of this committee.  For instance, only three
of these five were involved in the discussion to move the site to the new
server.

I will support this proposal with this one objection.

The thing is, right now they are LDraw.org.  Do you prefer that we just refer
to LDraw.org, without the names?  I think it is important that LSC is under the
LDraw.org umbrella.

I agree.  That's what I meant when I said the LSC is the first step
twards an official LDraw.org body.  The 4+1 are not really LDraw.org -
they act in what they believe is it's best interest, but so do quite a
few other people, who are just as "official".  IMO, they have no special
status, except as being tasked (by the community) to charter the org.
In itself, that doesn't give them any special position within the org
they charter.

I invite you to start a new topic on moving from ad-hoc LDraw.org to formal
voted body of LDraw.org, if that is indeed your agenda.

Not sure it'd call it an agenda, but it's something I think should
happen.  I see Lar already started a thread about it, good!

I don't want LSC creation to be bogged down in the trappings of ad-hoc
ldraw.org vs. the future LDraw.org.

Right.  Which is why I wanted the proposal to steer clear of that whole
issue.

Hope that makes some sense,

Dan