 CAD / Development / 8852
Re: LSC Draft Proposal Version 0.7
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 16:51:34 GMT

On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 04:07:09AM +0000, Tim Courtney wrote:
For instance, only three
of these five were involved in the discussion to move the site to the new
server.

Right. So are you trying to say something like; the individuals involved
with the specific tasks are responsible/have the authority to make decisions
regarding each technical task? That makes sense to me for the most part.

currently, since there is no formal organization (and we're starting to
push for one, woo!), there really isn't an authority issue.  There's
only the ability.  If Steve decides he's turning off the parts tracker,
he can.  If you (Tim) decide to change the complete layout of the site,
you can.  So really, we're all responsible to ourselves to do what we
think is best for ldraw right now.  We can (and do) consult with each
other (sometimes), but that's not really to get "permission" as much as
to get advice.

Dan