 CAD / Development / 8850
Re: LSC Draft Proposal Version 0.7
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 15:06:52 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Dan Boger writes:
On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 09:43:19PM +0000, Tim Courtney wrote:
The LSC moving forward will serve as a catalyst for other LDraw.org
organizational efforts by requiring a voting mechanism be set up. This is a
good thing.

absolutely!

Enjoy, and please discuss!

I like this proposal a lot better, with one exception:

Glossary
========

Ad-hoc LDraw.org Organizing Committee
-------------------------------------
Jacob Sparre Andersen, Steve Bliss, Tim Courtney, Terry Keller, and
Community Advisor Larry Pieniazek. This group is responsible for forming a
charter organization for LDraw.org, administrating the website, Parts
Tracker, and server. (see: http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/org/ldraw/?n=1183)

I believe this group should be responsible for forming the charter
organization for LDraw, and then step down.  Administrating the website,
Parts Tracker and server are all separate technical functions, and do
not fall under the charter of this committee.  For instance, only three
of these five were involved in the discussion to move the site to the new
server.

I will support this proposal with this one objection.

The thing is, right now they are LDraw.org.  Do you prefer that we just refer
to LDraw.org, without the names?  I think it is important that LSC is under the
LDraw.org umbrella.

I invite you to start a new topic on moving from ad-hoc LDraw.org to formal
voted body of LDraw.org, if that is indeed your agenda.

I don't want LSC creation to be bogged down in the trappings of ad-hoc
ldraw.org vs. the future LDraw.org.

Dan

Respectfully,
Kevin