 CAD / Development / 8656
Re: Background color controls for constr and part list images
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 4 Apr 2003 00:05:31 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Ross Crawford writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Kevin L. Clague writes:
It opens the top level file which is considered level 0.  Top level file is
examined sub models.  Each submodel is opened, and they are considered to be at
level 1.  These files are examined for sub-models that are considered to be
level 3.  These files are examined for sub-models that are considered to be
level 4.......  In computer weenie terms, we recursively traverse the
model/sub-model tree, incrementing level each time we have to open a new file.

I assume poor level 2 was missed by accident? 8?)

Does your recursion tie the background colour to the sub-file, or the tree?
In other words, if I have a small sub-model which is used directly in the
main model, and again in another sub-model, will the two instances have (for
example) different backgrounds?

For consistancy across all building instructions and consistancy with LEGO's
style, I much perfer the using the level (or depth) as the determinant for
construction image background, part image background, part annotation font
(axle lengths and such), part count anotation font controls, instead of the
possibility for unique controls on a sub-model by sub-model basis.

I agree, and I think this answers my question above but just wanted to be
sure 8?)

You bring up an interesting and nasty case.  What is missing from the
explanation is that currently LPub renders the first occurrence of the
sub-model, and skips the rest.

To handle this case, LPub has to render all occurrences of the sub-model
usage *and* has to do it in a way that does not overwrite the
predecessors..... ugh!  This is getting harder all the time.

Kevin

ROSCO