 CAD / Development / 8643
Re: Background color controls for constr and part list images
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 15:21:35 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Jennifer Clark writes:
"Kevin L. Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Hi,
  I'm wanting to add support for different background colors for • sub-models
(also fonts/styles/colors used in PLI and BOMs).

Something I would like to see (and forgive me if it has been mentioned
before) is a way to merge the BOM for a submodel into the partslist for the
specific step in the top level model that includes the submodel, and this
should be recursive, so that the parts list for the top level model step
includes the BOM for the included submodel and sub-sub-model ad inifinitum.

Hi Jennifer,

  Let me try to restate this by example:

  Step N adds three LDraw parts, plus a sub-model.  You want the part list
image for Step N to include the three added parts, plus all the parts needed to
create the sub-model.  Right?

Kevin

A good example is here:

http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/8000/8460/8460-015.html