 CAD / Development / 8607 (-10)
  Re: LPub and Lsynth page for tracking enhancement requests and bug fixes

(...) But is this only comparing MLCad to LDLite? While I would agree that the batch processing abilities seem cool, the quality just doesn't seem to compare if you also factor in MegaPOV to the mix. That being said... am I missing something? There (...) (22 years ago, 30-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub and Lsynth page for tracking enhancement requests and bug fixes

(...) Here are a few more ideas: - Basic Pause function (this may be handled just fine by POVRAY, but I'm not that familiar with it. Reason: When you are working off of one machine that I share, either I need to quickly check email, or let my wife (...) (22 years ago, 30-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub and Lsynth page for tracking enhancement requests and bug fixes

(...) Oh, I should also note that it's embeddable in batch files, since it has a command line interface. When you have hundreds or thousands of images to render across 30-40 submodels, that's very very important. (22 years ago, 30-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New BFC Spec

(...) Kevin did a pretty exhaustive search for meta command and all of the one's he listed were in all caps. The command word needs to be in all caps, the command parameters don't need to be. (if I'm reading the spec correctly) -Orion (22 years ago, 30-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub and Lsynth page for tracking enhancement requests and bug fixes

(...) If we could figure out a *fast* interface for getting images between a renderer and LPub (fast enough to be interactive like I know Willy wants) then yes. The ideal solution would to be to have one of these renderers as a DLL library that I (...) (22 years ago, 30-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub and Lsynth page for tracking enhancement requests and bug fixes

(...) The reference to LDLite is really a generic reference to renderers other than POV-Ray. I've not done a lot of homework on LDLite, but if it can be an alternative renderer to POV-Ray it has a few advantages including rendering speed (as it is (...) (22 years ago, 30-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub and Lsynth page for tracking enhancement requests and bug fixes

(...) Better rendering control. While I use MLCad for model capture and review, I use LDLite as a rendering tool for final instruction images, as it is much more flexible and gives me fine grained control over more things. YMMV. (22 years ago, 30-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub and Lsynth page for tracking enhancement requests and bug fixes

(...) Is this where LDLite might come into play? Jake --- Jake McKee Webmaster- B.I. Portal (URL) (22 years ago, 30-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub and Lsynth page for tracking enhancement requests and bug fixes

(...) This may be a dumb question, but what exactly is the benefit of LDLite? From what I have seen (and this is probably wrong) LDLite simply allows you to look at a model in 3D space, much like the 3D view in MLCad. What am I missing? Jake --- (...) (22 years ago, 30-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub and Lsynth page for tracking enhancement requests and bug fixes

(...) got it! to me "renderer" means raytracing, radiosity ... progs like povray, 3ds, bryce ... sorry for messing up. bye w. (22 years ago, 30-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact