 CAD / Development / 8580
  New BFC Spec

I have created an updated revision of the BFC spec, available from the following location: (URL) create this file, I started with bfcspecv4.txt (which was actually revision 10), then remarked every line in the file to be revision 10, then made my (...) (21 years ago, 24-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New BFC Spec

(...) Steve (21 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New BFC Spec

(...) I have to disagree with this (nice of you to say it, though :). Ultimately, the community has the final say. Here's my feedback & suggested revisions for version 12. You could've just dropped the old revision numbers. That would have made the (...) (21 years ago, 29-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New BFC Spec

In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss writes: <snip> (...) This is already in the LDRAW file spec. All meta statements are required to be in all caps. -Orion (21 years ago, 29-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New BFC Spec

(...) OK, I wasn't aware it was in there. However, according to the huge meta-command thread, people have created meta-commands with mixed case and some that aren't case-sensitive. Nobody mentioned there that this was illegal according to the LDraw (...) (21 years ago, 29-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New BFC Spec

(...) Kevin did a pretty exhaustive search for meta command and all of the one's he listed were in all caps. The command word needs to be in all caps, the command parameters don't need to be. (if I'm reading the spec correctly) -Orion (21 years ago, 30-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New BFC Spec

(...) I'm not sure if there are any others, but the LTrax meta-commands are definitely not in all caps. And, according to Tore (the LTrax author), the LTrax program doesn't treat them as case-sensitive. --Travis (21 years ago, 30-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New BFC Spec

  Re: New BFC Spec

OK, I made almost all the changes you suggested. I only skipped one, as noted below. I also made some other changes that are all indicated by the 12 version number at the beginning of each line. (...) I don't think I agree. I don't think people (...) (21 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New BFC Spec

(...) Sorry about the delay. I made most of the changes that Steve suggested, along with a few others, and posted both a line-number-annotated .txt version and an html version. The html version can be found here: (URL) still not 100% complete, I (...) (21 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)