 CAD / Development / 8334
Re: LPub 2.1.0.6 Available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 18:25:27 GMT

Kevin,

I just wanted to say WOW! This program just gets better and better.
I don't know what you have done to this build of LPub, but it's the first
build that I have been able to use straight away without first having to
negotiate around mini bugs and rendering issues. All the problems I had with
previous builds went away with this one!

Well done - this is an extremely useful tool and continues to get better
each time. I'm actually in real danger of finishing my first custom kit that
I originally wanted to launch last Novemeber now!!

Thanks,
Richard.
www.briktrak.com

"Kevin Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message
As is often the case, I gave an incomplete URL.  Try this:

  http://www.users.qwest.net/~kclague/LPub

Kevin

In lugnet.announce, Kevin Clague writes:
LPub 2.1.0.6 is available at http://www.users.qwest.net.

LPub 2.1.0.6 solves bugs:
- flakey installation problems with directory creation and deletion
- install directory is now completely cleaned and eliminated
- registry is no longer needed for LPub installation information
- saving and restoring of configuration improved for LPub Step
   controls.

New features:
- Construction Image minimum camera distance support allows for
   consistant scale across all sub-models in a model, or even
   across different models.
- Part Image globe camera controls allow you to render part images
   at 45 degree angle like LEGO.  This is the new default.
- Part Image minimum camera distance support can be used to
   provide consistant scale across smaller parts, but make sure that
   large parts (e.g. 32x32 baseplate) are properly framed.
- New meta-command "BI BEGIN GREYED" paired with "BI END" can be
   used to work around issues of color scaling of parts from previous
   steps when used with buffer exchanges.

Enjoy.
Kevin