 CAD / Development / 8330
Re: ldglite, new glut, and l3p (and lsynth)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 16:06:35 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Jim DeVona writes:
Hi! Its been a while since I've worked with ldglte on my Mac, or with any
LDraw-related things in general, so I've been sort of out of the loop.

Hey, now that you're back in the loop, maybe you could spend a few
minutes and see if the lsynth stuff works on the mac.  Look here for
the scoop on an executable for OSX.

  http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/mac/?n=388

In addition, you'll probably need the lsynth parts, the example, and
the html help file from the windows setup program.

  http://lsynth.sf.net/lsynthparts.zip

I guess some thought should be given to packaging this stuff a bit
better for non-windows folks...

If the lsynthcp executable works, perhaps you could even help out
some more by making a cheesy little GUI program like the windows
version, and then whip up an OSX package installer for the whole thing.
There's a screen shot of the Windows GUI here.

  http://lsynth.sf.net/lsynth.bmp

As you can see, there's not much to it so it should fairly easy
to duplicate.

Don