 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 388
Re: lsynthcp community development project setup on sourceforge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 14:29:37 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Kevin Clague writes:
I'm happy to announce that lsynthcp, a synthesizer of bendable LEGO/LDraw
parts, is now a project on sourceforge.  This allows all who are able and
motiviated to join in future development of lsynthcp.  lsynthcp is an text
based ANSI C program, who's libraries are limited to stdio and math libraries,
which means it can be developed and enhanced and used on Windows or Unix
systems.

One of the project goals of lsynthcp is to provide an "all-in-one"
synthesizer for those LEGO parts that are not easily modeled as fixed shape
LDraw parts.  Currently it supports most hoses, cables and flexible axles, as
well as rubber bands (used as belts), chain, and plastic and rubber tread.

I couldn't find it anywhere in this thread, so the project page is here:

  http://sourceforge.net/projects/lsynth

Click on the Browse CVS link near the bottom to view the source code.

The homepage is here:

  http://www.users.qwest.net/~kclague/lsynth/index.htm

And just to test things out a bit, I logged into the sourceforge compile
farm and built an OS X version of the lsynthcp executable.

  http://lsynth.sf.net/lsynthcposx2_0.zip

For all you Mac folks that haven't been keeping up, see the homepage
above for directions on how to use the lsynthcp executable.  I hope to
see one of you whip up a nice gui front end for it in applescript or
whatever real soon now.

Enjoy,

Don