 CAD / Development / 8297 (-20)
  Re: LDRAW and Blender

Matthew, I was wondering when someone would develop an import routine for Blender. I have used and known about Blender for some time. Over time, I would not be surprised to see the community embrace Blender as its favorite renderer even over POVRAY (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LDRAW and Blender

Hi all --- I am currently working on an LDRAW to Blender importer written in Python. For those of you who have never heard of Blender, it is a free, open source 3d modeler and renderer that includes a Python API (see it at www.blender.org). For (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.6 Available

(...) Steven, I think it was a fair question, not a stupid one. Please *don't* shut up. Kevin (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.6 Available

(...) Worked like a charm. Shoot...I should have thought of that. Boy do I feel stupid. Sorry about that! I'll shut up now. -- Steven (22 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.6 Available

Steven, In LPub Steps, Generate, uncheck Construction Images, then use Generate->Instruction Images menu item. Kevin (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.6 Available

(...) OK...I'm new to editing .DAT files (although this is an area I would like to improve). That was just too cool. I used LDraw Design Pad, removed the lines under the wire stub area, previewed the image (using the LDView button) and the wire was (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.6 Available

(...) Yep, we sure have! I'm finding it incredibly useful for my multiple projects right now. Thanks again, Kevin, for your hard work with this! (...) And we're all better for it that you are :-) -Tim (22 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.6 Available

(...) Thanks Steve! Tim Courtney and I have been putting LPub through its paces trying to get stuff ready for BricksWest. I finished up building instructions for a pneumatic adding machine, and Tim has got some of his own tricks up his sleeve. I (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.6 Available

Steven, My bad. 880A.DAT is an LSynth part that I failed to add to the setup list. You can make one of your own by copying 880.DAT to 880A.DAT. Edit 880A.DAT and remove the electric cord stub. I'll add it tto the distribution. Thanks, Kevin (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.6 Available

Kevin, Quick technical question. When I try to use the part 2982C02.DAT ~Electric Light Sensor (Complete Assembly Shortcut without wire) I receive a "File 880A.DAT not found! Continue loading?" error. When I respond yes, it loads the sensor but (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.6 Available

Kevin, Boy, you continue to make a great program even better! Thanks for all of your time updating LPub. It has become my new best friend when documenting student instructions. I used it yesterday and save for a few little quirks, free software just (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.6 Available

As is often the case, I gave an incomplete URL. Try this: (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.dev)

  New address

To all, Due to some technical problems, my server has changed the address of my website to (URL) on the K'nex and Lincoln Logs parts libraries can be found at (URL) ArTron space story is here: (URL) am sorry for any problems the change might have (...) (22 years ago, 27-Jan-03, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Method for splitting quads with not coplanar vertices? (Cross-post for /dat and /dev)

hi folks, I had a little chat with carsten about the possibility to fix not coplanar vertices automatically in LDDP. we all know that running a line like this: 0 4 16 10 -1 10 10 0 -10 -10 0 -10 -10 0 10 through L3P with –dist 0.1 or –det 0.001 will (...) (22 years ago, 27-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Rect primitive with one edge missing?

(...) Thanks to Mark Kennedy, you'll find this on the Parts Tracker at (URL) (22 years ago, 26-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Rect primitive with one edge missing?

Is there a primitive for a rectangle with one edge missing? I can't seem to find one, and I think it would be useful. It certainly would for a part that I am currently working on -- reducing three lines of code to one, 48 times. If there isn't one, (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Wierd shading in LDView

(...) The 1-4con0 primitive should arguably have a different name, because it is a different shape than all the other cone primitives. Specifically, it comes to a point, while all the other cone primitives are missing the point (they're open at both (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Tangent between two circles in 3D space?

<snip> (...) Yes. lsynth only deals with 1 peice of stretched rubber band at a time, which is why I was keeping those other three pulleys a secret from Don. Kevin (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Tangent between two circles in 3D space?

"Kevin Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> skrev i meddelandet news:H94xC1.11z@lugnet.com... (...) calculate (...) If the condition above (Dist(...) etc.) holds, then it's just a matter of projecting the circle centers onto the line, ie. solve for a (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Wierd shading in LDView

I was updating part 3847 to use the 1-4con0 primitve and I notice some wierd shading at the tip. I then open the 1-4con0 primitive directly and there were no shading problems I could see. Download 3847 at the Parts Tracker to see what I mean. (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact