 CAD / Development / 8282 (-10)
  Rect primitive with one edge missing?

Is there a primitive for a rectangle with one edge missing? I can't seem to find one, and I think it would be useful. It certainly would for a part that I am currently working on -- reducing three lines of code to one, 48 times. If there isn't one, (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Wierd shading in LDView

(...) The 1-4con0 primitive should arguably have a different name, because it is a different shape than all the other cone primitives. Specifically, it comes to a point, while all the other cone primitives are missing the point (they're open at both (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Tangent between two circles in 3D space?

<snip> (...) Yes. lsynth only deals with 1 peice of stretched rubber band at a time, which is why I was keeping those other three pulleys a secret from Don. Kevin (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Tangent between two circles in 3D space?

"Kevin Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> skrev i meddelandet news:H94xC1.11z@lugnet.com... (...) calculate (...) If the condition above (Dist(...) etc.) holds, then it's just a matter of projecting the circle centers onto the line, ie. solve for a (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Wierd shading in LDView

I was updating part 3847 to use the 1-4con0 primitve and I notice some wierd shading at the tip. I then open the 1-4con0 primitive directly and there were no shading problems I could see. Download 3847 at the Parts Tracker to see what I mean. (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Tangent between two circles in 3D space?

(...) What you really need is to find a way to find just one side of the "rubber band". Say, pulley A to pulley B, "Side one". Then you could use the same function to determine pulley B to C, side one or two, and so on... Right? Paul (22 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Tangent between two circles in 3D space?

Kevin, I have been watching this thread with great interest and it is really fun to watch the community pitch in and assist you. Would you do me a favor. When you finally have the solution, could you summarize in a post? I plan on using this as a (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: lsynthcp community development project setup on sourceforge

(...) I couldn't find it anywhere in this thread, so the project page is here: (URL) on the Browse CVS link near the bottom to view the source code. The homepage is here: (URL) just to test things out a bit, I logged into the sourceforge compile (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Tangent between two circles in 3D space?

(...) This looks great! This is what I was trying say the other day during my ah,hah! moment, but not so tersely. Now I just need to know how to calculate the intersection of the line and each circle and I'll be all set I think. I'll do some (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Tangent between two circles in 3D space?

"Kevin Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> skrev i meddelandet news:H92o0p.CGB@lugnet.com... (...) a (...) Line = Intersect(C1.Plane, C2.Plane) if (Dist(C1.Center, Line) = C1.Radius) and (Dist(C2.Center, Line) = C2.Radius) ... (Or have I (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact