 CAD / Development / 8087 (-10)
  Re: HELP: transformation of primitive causes BFC to stop working  [DAT]

(...) I think this line is what you want: 1 16 10 10 2 0 0 8 -8 0 0 0 -1 0 2-4ndis.dat Let me know if I'm right. -Orion (22 years ago, 18-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  HELP: transformation of primitive causes BFC to stop working  [DAT]

In playing with making a part (3648) BFC certified I have ran into a problem. The following line is in the original file: 1 16 10 10 2 0 0 8 8 0 0 0 1 0 2-4ndis.dat This line transforms the primitive such that the front face is inside the part (I'm (...) (22 years ago, 18-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  I would like to work on part 3648

I have been playing around with LDraw, and I have decided that I would like to make an attempt to fix the Technic Gear 24 Tooth part. I noticed that there are several polygons near the axle hole that are "out-of-bounds" (one vertex from several (...) (22 years ago, 18-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Decorated DATs

(...) See lugnet.cad.dev for more information on this. There are a lot of mechanisms for creating patterned parts. I myself have used Quad2Dat successfully. Assuming you have a good quality high resolution scan of the part and it's a flat surface (...) (22 years ago, 17-Dec-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad.dev)

  New primitive: chord.dat (not the final name)  [DAT]

Here's something I whipped up that I find extremely useful for patterned parts in particular. When trying to put something inside a circle (or anywhere near a curved section), this lets you avoid 2 problems: 1: having to calculate the awkward (...) (22 years ago, 17-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: How do I write a header file for an updated part...

(...) Good idea. I'll do that before I send the parts in. (...) Hm, you think the 1x4 brick is common enough? Methinks the answer is yes- I'll separate the unfaced portion. I'm also submitting a BFC'd box4t because I used that for the brick's body. (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: question/problem with some flag parts

(...) I'm pretty sure there is not a 6 x 3 1/3 flag, and seeing as the original author titled it "6 x 4" I suspect this was just an error in authoring (and review !). I'll liaise with the author to arrange a fix. Chris (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: How do I write a header file for an updated part...

(...) I've not discussed with Steve, but I'd go for option 2 - write a new header but credit the previous author in a subsidiary comment. If the existing author is still active, it would be polite to let them know what you're doing. Please re-use (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  How do I write a header file for an updated part...

...when the new version is redone from scratch? In the past, I've done some minor reworking of files. In these cases, I simply added the date, my name, and a description of what I'd done to the file. But what about when I fire up Notepad and start (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: question/problem with some flag parts

You're right. The 43.dat isn't a 6 x 4 flag. But I can't tell you if there exists a real 6 x 3 1/3 one. The "Jolly Roger" one is named correct. Does anybody want to fix this? CU Bernd Jaco van der Molen <jmolen@globalxs.nl> schrieb im Newsbeitrag (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact