 CAD / Development / 8086
8085  |  8087
Special:
[DAT] (requires LDraw-compatible viewer)
HELP: transformation of primitive causes BFC to stop working
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 15:27:15 GMT

In playing with making a part (3648) BFC certified I have ran into a
problem.  The following line is in the original file:

1 16 10 10 2 0 0 8 8 0 0 0 1 0 2-4ndis.dat

This line transforms the primitive such that the front face is inside the
part (I'm using L3Lab with mytest6 option turned on to check BFC).  Rather
than use the INVERTNEXT meta-command, since the primitive is in a single
plane (and just to test my knowledge of how the transformation matrices
work), I decided to try flipping it over:

1 16 10 10 2 0 0 8 -8 1 0 0 0 0 2-4ndis.dat

Unfortunately, this causes L3Lab to turn the primitive blue (indicating BFC
not working at all).  I am sure I am doing something wrong, but I am not
sure what (although the fact that the last triad is all zeros strikes me as
a little suspicious).  Any help on this would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!
--Lance--