 CAD / Development / 8090
Re: HELP: transformation of primitive causes BFC to stop working
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 17:24:34 GMT

"Orion Pobursky" <bilthefish@IHATESPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.cad.dev, Lance Hopenwasser writes:
Yep, that did the trick.  Now that you gave me the coordinates, I can see
that I wanted the original y vector (0,1,0) to go to -z (0, 0, -1), • instead
of staying y like I had it.  This rotating and scaling stuff can be kind • of
tricky to visualize, can't it?  And it has been a LONG LONG time since I
have had to do any linear algebra, so I feel very rusty.

Thanks for such a fast response.
--Lance--

I think this line is what you want:

1 16 10 10 2 0 0 8 -8 0 0 0 -1 0 2-4ndis.dat

Let me know if I'm right.

-Orion

Actually, I cheated.  I hate doing the math and still don't understand the
matrix tranforms well enough to look at a matrix and know what it's doing,
so I use MLCad to rotate things for me.

-Orion

Hey, I'm all for a good cheat if it makes things easier.  Now why didn't I
think of that?  I guess I keep thinking MLCad is for complete models, but
there's no reason I can't work with primitives, is there?